How to update your Pro League profile
There are 3 ways to update your profile image in the new Pro League; Upload a photo, Take a photo, or use the Gravatar. If you prefer to use the Gravatar, instructions are below. If you'd like to use the upload option, here's a quick video:
Signing up for Gravatar
To update your profile picture you must create a "Gravatar. Gravatar stands for Globally Recognised Avatar and it's a service owned by Automattic, which allows you to use the same avatar (a picture associated with yourself) on any Gravatar- enabled site (any WordPress site). It is automatic, so set this up once and then any site that is Gravatar-enabled will show your Gravatar if you use your e-mail address on it.
Gravatars are tied to an e-mail address. Be sure to use the same e-mail address that is associated with your login to the members area.
To set up your Gravatar, please follow these steps:
- Go to http://www.gravatar.com and enter your e-mail address. Click on the Get Your Gravatar button.
- An e-mail will be sent to the address, containing a link for you to click on. Click on it and set up your username and password. You will then be taken to the Manage Gravatars screen.
- On this screen, you can upload an image. Please select an image of yourself. An AdSkills Guardian (forum moderator) will ask you to change your Gravatar if it is a business logo or left blank.
Find or upload your image, then you can crop or size your image. Now click on Crop and Finish.
- Lastly, you'll be taken to a screen asking you to choose the rating of your image. Give your image an appropriate rating (most will be a G or PG, unless your image is likely to offend) and you will be taken back to the home screen, with your avatar displayed next to your default e-mail address.
- Now return to the Pro League forum and log in. When you visit any of your posts, you should see your Gravatar displayed next to your posts, as shown in the following screenshot:
IMPORTANT: You can change the avatar at any time by going back to http://www.gravatar.com/, logging in with your Gravatar username and password, and uploading a replacement to be associated with your e-mail address.